Chiefs parade leads to schedule adjustments
Congratulations to our World Champion Kansas City Chiefs! With officials estimating as many as 1.3 million people flooding Crown Center/downtown for the celebration parade Wednesday, Children’s Mercy has made the decision to adjust our operations that day.
On Wednesday, Feb. 5:
- Outpatient clinics at Children’s Mercy Adele Hall Campus and Children’s Mercy Broadway will be closed. All patients with appointments for Feb. 5 have been/will be contacted by the clinic to move or reschedule the appointment. If you have questions about your appointment, please contact your clinic directly.
- All elective procedures will be rescheduled.
- The Emergency Department at Children’s Mercy Adele Hall Campus will remain open 24/7. Caution: Traffic to and from downtown will be difficult due to road closures and increased car volume. Parking at/near the hospital also will be heavily impacted.
- The Emergency Department and outpatient clinics at Children’s Mercy Hospital Kansas will operate as normal.
- All three of our Kansas City urgent care centers will operate as normal from noon to 10 p.m. You can reserve your spot online at childrensmercy.org/urgentcare.
We appreciate your understanding as we make these adjustments to ensure our patients and families receive the highest-quality care during the Super Bowl celebration.