Children's Mercy implementing visitor restrictions for inpatient units
We are experiencing an unusually high admission rate due to a respiratory virus outbreak in the community. Respiratory viruses are easily spread to others. For this reason, Children's Mercy is taking preventative measures to avoid the spread of this illness and provide a safe environment for you, your child and our staff. All visitors (including siblings) 12-years-old and younger will not be allowed to visit. Your help and understanding is very important. We apologize for any inconvenience, but greatly appreciate your help.
How you can help:
- If you are ill, you can help protect your child and others at Children's Mercy by not visiting while you are sick. Send another adult caregiver in your place if possible.
- If you cannot stay at home while you are ill please follow these steps:
- Wash your hands or use the waterless alcohol hand rub every time you enter or leave your child's room.
- Wear a mask to prevent spreading virus droplets to your child.
- Avoid going to public places in the hospital until your symptoms are gone.Â
- Eat healthy, drink plenty of fluids and rest whenever possible.
Â Please help us to keep our patients and staff safe this respiratory season.