Kansas City,
22
May
2020
|
04:34 PM
Europe/Amsterdam

KMBC 9: Children's Mercy phasing in plan to treat more patients

By Bianca Beltran

As stay-at-home restrictions start to lift, Children's Mercy Hospital is phasing in its own plan to treat more young patients in person.

"Care can only be deferred or delayed for so long before children need to be seen by their specialist," said Children's Mercy President and CEO Paul Kempinski. 

In the first phase, about 60% of patients will be seen in person with the other 40% seen virtually.

Every visitor will be screened with a temperature check, and is required to wear a mask. There is a separate waiting area for patients with symptoms.

"There's a lot of magic at our hospital. We're still going to provide that, but it's going to look a little bit different," Dr. Stacy Doyle said.

 

See the full story via KMBC 9.

Learn more about Getting Back to Getting Better at Children's Mercy.