KSHB 41: Tips for talking to kids about the new COVID-19 variant
By Jordan Betts
Mental health experts are giving advice on how to talk to kids about the omicron variant of COVID-19.
Dr. Christina Low Kapalu, a child psychologist at Children's Mercy, has five key tips for talking about COVID-19:
- Practice self-care and check in with your own reactions so they don't transfer to your child and go over what you want to say.
- See what your child knows about the new variant before telling them about it.
- Admit what you know and don't know about Omicron.
- Consider your child's developmental level and simplify the information if you need to.
- Talk about a layered approach to safety.
Read the full article via KSHB
Prepped and Ready Series to help both parents and teens