Virtual Live Event: “Epilepsy Uncovered” with Children’s Mercy Neurologists
The Children’s Mercy Comprehensive Epilepsy Center is recognized by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers as a Level IV Center, the highest level obtainable in epilepsy care. As one of only a dozen pediatric epilepsy centers in the nation, Children’s Mercy provides the most complete diagnostic and treatment services available in the region.
Children’s Mercy is proud to participate in the Reaching Out for Epilepsy in Adolescents and Children through Telemedicine (REACT) program. Through REACT, we partner with community providers across Kansas to improve access to specialized epilepsy care and to spread knowledge and resources across the state.
During the Virtual Live Event, Children’s Mercy neurologists will provide helpful information about epilepsy to families, including:
- Epilepsy and seizure education
- Tips for parents on managing children who have seizures
- Overview of epilepsy medications and other treatment options
There will also be plenty of time to ask questions and receive answers in real-time.
12 - 1 p.m.
Wednesday, August 5
Children’s Mercy Speakers:
- Welcome and introduction of speakers
- Children’s Mercy Comprehensive Epilepsy Center
- REACT Program
- Overview of Epilepsy
- What is Seizure and Different Kinds
- Treating Epilepsy
- Audience Q&A (virtual)
- Close and next steps
How to Join the Live Event:
- If joining via desktop or laptop, you have two options to join:
- via Teams App
- via the Web
- Use Chrome, Firefox, or Edge as your browser. Safari is not currently supported.
- You will have the option to “sign in” or “join anonymously;” follow the prompts on the screen to select your preference.
- If joining via an iPhone or iOS device, first download the Teams app when prompted
- If joining via an Android device, follow the prompts to join via Web or the Teams app
If the live event hasn't started, you'll see the message "The live event has not yet started.” This screen will be replaced with a live stream once the broadcast has begun.
For a video on how to join and trouble-shooting tips, click here.
How to Ask Questions:
Attendees have the opportunity to ask questions during the event through a chat function. Once the Q&A period opens, attendees can submit a question via the chat function and our speakers will answer it.
We will try very hard to address all questions. However, due to time constraints, any questions that are not addressed live will be made available in a recap with the recording following the event.